Wednesday, February 29, 2012

~Offering~


This song has really been speaking to me. As someone who tends to turn inward when feeling less than joyful I have to remind myself of the process and be welcoming to all of the layers of emotionalism I can go through. The process is a beautiful process that serves to teach us how to love more. Love the moment that you're in like an old friend who is leaving forever. It's taking a part of you with it and depending on the weight of the situation you may not ever be the same. Be wide awake because life and all of its majestic begs you to be---it wants to be appreciated--it calls on us at a constant to remember how beautiful just life, JUST LIFE--not to mention all of the groovy stuff that comes along with it--is. With the always pondering eyes of children, the making of love with a mate of the soul, the rising and setting sun, the stacking of clouds, the blooming of flowers and their perfume, that round full moon, the song of creatures and the hand of a friend....we are being nudged. 

Let it all wake you.

This life and everything painfully beautiful enveloped in it deserves a song and dance of devotion. 

Give it one. Give it your own. 




I feel part of the universe open up to meet me

My emotion so submerged, broken down to kneel in

Once listening, the voices they came
Had to somehow greet myself, read myself
Heard vibrations within my cells, in my cells
Singing, "Ah-la-ah-ah, ah-la-ah-ah"



My love is safe for the universe

See me now, I'm bursting
On one planet, so many turns
Different worlds
Singing, "Ah-la-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-ah, ah"



Fill my heart with discipline

Put there for the teaching
In my head see clouds of stairs
Help me as I'm reaching
The future's paved with better days



Not running from something

I'm running towards the day
Wide awake



A whisper once quiet

Now rising to a scream
Right in me



I'm falling, free falling

Words calling me
Up off my knees



I'm soaring and, darling,

You'll be the one that I can need
Still be free



Our future's paved with better days 


Eddie Vedder- "Better Days"




No comments:

Post a Comment