Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let Down Your Guard

Source: Joy Russi 2011



"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."

                                                                    ~Lao Tzu


I was on a Roller Coaster when I concluded that I am all too guarded. When the coaster climbed upwards I anticipated what was to come. I feared the drop, dreaded it. After the second climb and fall I told myself, I mean, I said it aloud: "Kelina, you just have to let go." And so I did...I became one of those people with arms raised. You know, the raised armed coaster riders you see and probably are yourself. I never was! I thought they were all crazy people. Until Christmas Eve. Then I started thinking about how being guarded and fearful, permeates your life. Always anticipating the next move, afraid of what might happen and if you have a mind like mine all sorts of horrible things can happen. Then you miss out on cool opportunities because ultimately you're a chicken shit. So, really, the only choice here is to let go. Let go and enjoy the ride. Throw your hands up in the air and smile and scream out a "Hell Yeah" because eventually you will die. But not right now. Right now, you're gonna fall and rise and rise and fall and shit will come your way but if you're happy and not big on holding on to negativity then I think, no...no I KNOW you're gonna be just fine.

We're all gonna be ok as long as we want to be ok.
Every single moment gives you an opportunity. You can enjoy it, making the most of it with arms and heart and mind and soul completely open....OR you can clinch up and close up and let is pass you by. And pass you by it will...but not for long...you have a pause to realize what the next opportunity will do for you. It can do so much--no, not just for introverted deep thinkers such as this gal, but for everyone! Get ready to surprise yourself. Once you pass through, unscathed, you'll want more and more and more.

Let down your guard. Let the awesome and amazing happen. Be a Badass.
They have more fun:)


No comments:

Post a Comment